How do I order a Crook Custom Guitar?
- Please contact me, and we’ll talk about what you’re looking for—sound, wood, finish—to design the custom electric guitar you want. It might be helpful to check out Should I Buy a Custom Made Electric Guitar? and Three Questions to Ask Yourself Before Ordering a Custom Guitar beforehand.
- Once the specs and price are agreed upon, I’ll e-mail you a final sales agreement for you to print and sign.
- Along with the agreement, I’ll need a 50% non-refundable deposit in the form of a cashiers’ check, money order or wire transfer only. I cannot accept checks, credit cards or payment plans.
- Mail the agreement and payment to the address I provide in an e-mail. Your guitar order cannot be placed on the build list and the building period does not begin until I have received the signed agreement and deposit.
- I’ll contact you when the guitar is ready, and after I receive the remaining balance, I’ll ship the guitar to you in a hardshell case with wiring instructions and guitar maintenance tools.
What is your warranty?
- Every Crook Custom Guitar instrument is guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the instrument to the original owner. User modifications, abuse, and accidental damage beyond normal wear and tear will void this warranty.
How long is the building period?
- 10-12 months. I know you’ll be anxious to see your guitar, but I’m not able to provide updates/photos throughout each custom build. Your patience is very much appreciated.
How much does a custom guitar cost?
- Every guitar is built-to-order, so standard pricing is not possible. Please contact me to discuss what you’re looking for, and I’ll quote you a price.
Can I get a traditional style headstock?
- All guitars are built with the signature Crook Custom headstock design only.
Do you sell paisley bodies or can you paisley my guitar body?
- My goal is to build a complete custom guitar for every customer, so I do not sell or paper bodies individually.
Do you sell paisley paper?
- The exclusive Crook paisley design is used for the guitars only, and I do not sell the paisley paper separately.
Can I design my own paisley color?
- Each guitar color is chosen carefully, so I offer the paisley colors that you see on the site only.
Can I get a stringbender installed in my guitar?
Do you make left-handed guitars?
- Sorry, I do not make left-handed guitars. So much of what I do is by feel and by sound. Since I can’t play left-handed, I feel the customer wouldn’t get a guitar that meets my standard of quality.
Can you get Brad Paisley to autograph my guitar?
Do you accept trade-ins?
- In the past, players have asked if they could offer a trade-in toward the payment of a new Crook guitar. Contact me because I’m always interested to hear what you you have.
Do you have any Crook guitars for sale in-stock?
- I do sell new shop-builds occasionally, and I post what is for sale through my blog and Facebook page.
Who are your vendors?